The Inventory Specialist actively monitors the cost and the quality and quantity of materials bought and sold. The Inventory Specialist effectively and efficiently accounts for all materials shipped, received, and warehoused in the inventory system with a logical missing stock reconciliation, accurate quantities, and complete documentation. The Inventory specialist must interact with sales, the warehouse, and accounting. Effective and efficient inventory control is vital for customer satisfaction.
Duties and Responsibilities:
• Daily count and verification of inventory in stock and warehouse location for sufficiency in day-to-day operations.
• Input the updated data into the inventory tracking system.
• Perform weekly, or monthly inventory counts.
• Review specifications for QA/QC and provide management with verbal and written report.
• Accurately track and record material use and forecast needs to provide adequate lead time for reorder points.
• Gather and extract necessary inventory data to support daily decision making to reorder or not reorder based on rapidly changing transportation and shipping costs.
• Prepare and complete accurate shipping and receiving documents and inventory logs.
• Inspect inbound/outbound shipments upon arrival, visually verify quantity and specifications by visually verifying, counting, and cross checking the amount of material received and shipped.
• Timely communication of the status of materials in stock, ordered, and shipped so key deadlines are met.
• Read or examine shipping and receiving documents, containers, or finished products for completeness, accuracy, and conformance to standards and specifications.
• Enter and analyze production data in the system including, consumption of raw ingredients, finished package products shipped by rail, commercial trucks, and varying size industrially regulated containers.
• Calculate figures, such as required amounts of labor or materials, manufacturing costs, or material conversion such as a liquid to solid as part of the blending processes
• Answer phones and assist front office personnel as directed.
• Other duties as defined.
• Knowledge of basic warehouse and transportation systems, shipping/receiving forms, and inventory workflow, office procedures and terminology.
• Ability to use or learn Sage 100 accounting software, Microsoft Windows, and Office 365 Exchange applications including Excel, Word, and Access.
• Ability to work cooperatively and collaboratively.
• Operate 10-key calculators, typewriters, and copy machines to perform calculations and produce documents.
• Ability to actively listen, explain, receive, and shipping/receiving and customer information to the appropriate internal and external stakeholders.
• Ability to apply general rules to specific problems to produce positive outcomes.
• Ability to apply good inductive and deductive reasoning skills in problem solving.
Essential Position Requirements:
• Must be able to read and write.
• Ability to comprehend and follow inventory control procedures for products, including hazardous materials.
• Can communicate in writing using an internal e-mail system. Can also verbally articulate inventory concerns to management and especially warehouse and office personnel.
• Can use good inductive and deductive reasoning skills to support inventory control problem solving.
• Can add/subtract/divide and multiply and use computer for material conversion from solid to liquid or vice versa.
• Strong time management skills to meet deadlines balanced with a strong attention to detail and quality.
• Proper telephone etiquette and ability to operate telephone equipment for communication purposes.
• Ability to use a computer and applicable software for data entry and to generate office correspondence.
• Enter data daily into the Sage 100 inventory module.
• Dependable and punctual.
TO APPLY, PLEASE USE THE LINK BELOW: