Our client is a family-owned business with extensive experience in manufacturing and producing customized projects for their clients.
SHIPMENTS AND DELIVERIES:
- Receive shipments from UPS, Federal Express, and common carriers.
- Thoroughly inspect product for accurate quantity which match with paperwork.
- Notate any damage or shortages then take pictures. Follow procedures to inform personnel and assist with returning product.
- Label all product groupings with appropriate project and order information This will involve working with paperwork in the office.
- Once product is checked in and palletized, store the product in warehouse keeping products together by project while protecting against damage.
- Load trucks for deliveries and position product in warehouse based on when it will be delivered. Assure load accuracy and protected from damage.
MAINTAIN WAREHOUSE AND EQUIPMENT:
- Keep warehouse swept and free of debris.
- Organize and maintain tools in an accessible yet secure location
- Keep hardware area organized and labeled.
- Keep accurate account of tools and equipment leaving warehouse.
- Maintain in good working condition all company tools and equipment.
- Maintain company vehicles as needed (check fluid levels and tire pressure on vehicles, get oil changed, rotate tires, clean & wash).
- Maintain forklift (charge, check fluid level, general care).
- Assist in maintaining and updating inventory of stock product in warehouse and hanger.
- Warehouse floor cleaning by striping floor and applying wax annually.
ASSEMBLY AND TEAM LEAD:
- Assemble office and/or classroom furniture as requested.
- Lead a team of people in the warehouse for daily duties and for assembling product.
- Touch up or fix damaged product as requested.
- Cardboard and trash disposed at Kern County Waste sites.
- Assist with shipping product back to Manufacturers or other vendors.
- Assist with maintaining accurate count, location, and cleaning of product samples.
- Manage warehouse cleaning supplies, tools, and other misc. items.
- No schedule restrictions. Longer hours during peak times of the year.
- Needs reliable transportation to/from work.
- Other duties as requested.
- Experience in warehouse organization and maintenance.
- Must have a good DMV record.
- Clean background check.
- Forklift certification preferred otherwise we can provide certification.
- Heavy lifting over 100 pounds is required.
- Attention to detail.
- Self-starter, self-motivated with common sense.
- Strong organizational skills.