Our client, a national grower with a global presence, is looking for a qualified AP/AR manager to join their team. This is a direct hire role with benefits.
- Establishes internal controls and guidelines for accounting transactions and budget preparation.
- Manages all activities in the accounts payable/receivable function.
- Ensures timely payments of vendor invoices and expense vouchers and maintains accurate records and control reports.
- Manages collection activities such as sending follow-up inquiries, negotiating with past due accounts, and referring accounts to collection agencies.
- Recommends improvements to accounts payable/receivable processes.
- Manages subordinate staff in the day-to-day performance of their jobs.
- Analyze delinquent accounts and prepare recommendations for resolution
- Initiate credits and adjustments to customer accounts within company policy limits
- Develop tracking and reconciliation procedures for deductions
- Interact with customers to obtain information to support credit lines
- Responsible to manage AR/AP staff
- Audits accounts to ensure compliance with state and federal regulations; coordinates with outside auditors and provides needed information for the annual external audit.
- COI Management
- Communicate with managers at various locations
- Timely month end closing
- Audit intercompany chargebacks
- Performs other related duties as necessary or assigned
- Bachelor’s degree in business, accounting or related field and five years’ experience in credit collections and/or Accounts Receivable.
- Proficient in reading/understanding financial statements
- Experience with Bill.com a plus
- Must be proficient in Microsoft Excel