Our client is a Leading and Innovative Food Processing company in the Fresno/Madera, CA area seeking an Assistant Controller.
The Assistant Controller will provide direct support to the CFO with all accounting functions and will be supporting the organization's financial operations. The Assistant Controller will assist the CFO in the preparation and review of financial statements, budgets financial planning, costing analysis, forecasting, financial systems, and various other projects as necessary to support overall operations.
The ideal candidate will be versatile and comfortable working in a fast paced and changing environment. This is a hands-on role that requires handling/assisting some of the day-to-day processing as well as working cross-functionally with other departments to verify the accuracy and validity of individual transaction affecting the General Ledger and related processes.
- Provide direct support to the CFO with all functions of the company financial and accounting operations including GL, A/R, A/P, Payroll, cash reporting, bank accounts, etc.
- Perform Cost Analysis and Expense Analysis • Cash flow tracking and bank reconciliations
- Revenue, COGS & aging review and reconciliation
- Month-end close activities and financial statement preparation
- Preparation of audit schedules and reports • Prepare statutory state and local filings
- Maintain files and set up of client and vendor profiles in ERP system
- Formulate and manage spreadsheets and data
Additional related duties as required The Required Skills, Experience and Qualifications:
- Minimum of 5 years’ experience within a related position handling the duties listed, preferably within the Manufacturing or Food Processing industry
- BS Degree in Accounting/Finance
- Expert skills in MS Excel, Word, ERP and Accounting Software programs
- Solid knowledge of GAAP
- Ability to manage multiple tasks & projects simultaneously with accuracy while meeting deadlines
- Professional & effective communication skills; interpersonal, verbal and written
- Meticulous attention to detail, time management, analytical & organizational skills are a must
- Must be flexible, adaptable, team oriented, creative, innovative and possess a positive outlook
- Results and goal oriented to professionally meet objectives