Our client, a long standing and well respected contractor, has an immediate need for a Bookkeeper in their Bakersfield office.
Duties and Responsibilities:
- Assist in the development and implementation of policies, procedures, and priorities relating to A/P, Cash Management & General Ledger.
- Verify, allocate, and post details of business transactions to accounts in computer from documents such as invoices, receipts, check stubs, and computer printouts.
- Maintain tracking log of the recurring monthly invoices that are of highest priority (credit cards, waste management, insurance, loan payments, etc.).
- Maintain vendor information for accounts payable in computer:
- New vendor set up
- Vendor changes
- W-9 Input
- Manage daily banking practices:
- A/R Check runs
- Deposit preparation and notification
- Positive Pay: online Check Register upload, Wires, and ACH preparation
- Maintain all files related to company assets:
- Field and office equipment
- Insurance Liaison:
- Add, remove, and review company schedule of equipment
- Coordinate coverage with insurance agent
- Reconcile and balance vendor accounts as needed
- Vendor statements
- Internal A/P aging reports
- Assist in the preparation of 1099’s at the end of the year.
- Assist with internal and external accounting audits.
- Other duties may be assigned as needed.
- Analytical Processing - Collects and researches data and uses intuition and experience to analyze data.
- Problem Solving - Identifies and resolves problems in a timely manner and develops workable solutions; Uses reason even when dealing with emotional topics.
- Oral Communication - Speaks clearly and persuasively in positive or negative situations; listens and gets clarification.
- Written Communication - Writes clearly and informatively; Edits work for spelling and grammar; Presents numerical data effectively.
- Judgment - Displays willingness to make decisions; Exhibits sound and accurate judgment; Supports and explains reasoning for decisions; Includes appropriate people in decision-making process.
- Planning/Organizing - Prioritizes and plans work activities; Uses time efficiently.
- Cooperation – Establishes and maintains effective relations; Exhibits tact and consideration; Displays positive outlook and pleasant manner; Offers assistance and support to co-workers.
- Associates degree (A. A.) or two to three years related accounting experience and/or training; or equivalent combination of education and experience.
- Must be a self-starter, self-motivated, highly organized, and have effective communication and inter-personal skills.
- Ability to read, analyze, and interpret general business periodicals, professional journals, technical procedures, or governmental regulations. Ability to write reports, business correspondence, and procedure manuals.
- Ability to work with mathematical concepts such as fractions, percentages, ratios, and proportions to practical situations.
- Should have working knowledge of accounting software (Timberline, QuickBooks), word processing software (MS Word), and spreadsheet software (MS Excel).
- The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this position. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions. While performing the duties of this position, the employee is regularly required to talk or hear. The employee is frequently required to stand, walk and sit. The employee must occasionally lift and/or move up to 10 pounds.
The work environment characteristics described here are representative of those an employee encounters while performing the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions. The noise level in the work environment is usually quiet.