Responsible for the thorough and timely processing of the billing, assisting in managing all of the Firm's accounting needs, daily remote deposit postings, maintain application of all business licenses for the main corporate office and the two satellite offices, processing of accounts payable, and other related items. Back up support to the Senior Administrator in the processing of payroll.
- Process, balance, and post all billing transactions weekly.
- Process billing monthly (every fourth Sunday of the month). Input, balance, and proof before mailing.
- Prepare various weekly and monthly tracking reports in Microsoft Excel.
- Process timesheets, payroll, and payroll reporting and deposits
- Assist as the backup to other administrative areas as needed.
- Performs other accounting and bookkeeping duties as needed.
- Keeps the Administrative Supervisor informed of important developments, analyzes problems, and recommends solutions.
- Must possess a minimum of 3 years combined education and/or administrative experience.
- Minimum of 3 years experience in full-charge bookkeeping required.
- Requires experience in a variety of programs including Microsoft Office and various accounting software programs.
Core Competencies/Skills Required:
- Initiative – Goes beyond job/role requirements to seize opportunities or accomplish a task. Takes personal responsibility to complete an assignment from beginning to end and obtains assistance at the right time. Uses own judgment to take action and responsibility when necessary.
- Results Orientation – Sets, strives to achieve and succeeds in achieving challenging goals. Approaches work in an organized, focused, and efficient manner.
- Technical Excellence – Demonstrates appropriate technical knowledge and applies it to identify issues and resolve client and Firm circumstances. Has and uses knowledge of basic techniques and concepts. Learns and applies new Firm technology.
- Conceptual Thinking – Synthesizes, summarizes, and interprets data efficiently and accurately. Able to identify central issues and grasp key concepts quickly. Appropriately questions assumptions and data to ensure accurate analysis.
- Change Orientation – Quickly responds to unexpected events or schedule changes, demands, priorities in a positive way. Able to overcome obstacles to achieve goals.
- Communication – Keeps others informed of important information, whether daily activities, crises or progress on long-term projects. Communicates clearly and concisely, asking questions to clarify and ensure understanding and accuracy of information. Tailors content and style of communication to the needs and expectations of their audience.
- Teamwork – Actively participates in the team, establishing effective working relationships within the team. Fulfills commitments to other team members. Promotes looking at the Firm’s goals in addition to team goals.
- Developing Self and Others – Takes responsibility and ownership of personal and professional development and continuously strives to improve own skillset. Seeks and solicits feedback to improve performance, learns from others, experiences on the job, and from self-study.
- Relationship Building – Works to build, maintain and utilize individual relationships or networks with co-workers and clients. Modifies communication style to fit the personality and culture of others. Maintains clarity and composure in stressful situations.
- Demonstrated track record of success in performing job responsibilities.
- Consistent track record of meeting deadlines.
- Past successful results in achieving and maintaining appropriate productivity based on responsibility.
- Seeks out opportunities to assist in projects to stay highly utilized.
- Utilizes technology to create efficiencies for self, other team members, and the Firm.
- Familiar with the products and services of the Firm, staying current on Firm happenings.
- Knows the history of the Firm and can effectively communicate a brief summary to others when asked about the Firm.
- Reports to Senior Administrator.
- Senior Administrator reports to Director of Administration.
- Possesses excellent computer skills including proficiency in Microsoft Office.
- Possesses a strong willingness to participate in a high-energy team environment.
- Able to work overtime during month-end billing processing and as needed during peak-times.