Our client, a well-respected tree nut grower and processor focused on exports.
Summary of Functions:
The Export Logistics Coordinator II is responsible for managing all aspects of shipping routes and delivery, specifically regarding customer satisfaction. Customer satisfaction is a top priority for the Export Logistics Coordinator II as this is how business remains successful. Additionally, the Export Logistics Coordinator II is well-versed in supply management principles and practices. Responding immediately to customer questions, complaints and notifying customers of any delays in the delivery schedule is essential to this position.
Primary Duties and Responsibilities:
- Receive and enter new contracts, manage shipments accordingly.
- Schedule bookings to multiple countries with SCTC contracted ship lines, NVOCC or consignees service contacts
- Support and maintain budgets for each booking or shipment regarding proposed freight cost, and avoiding extra demurrage, detention fees
- Ensure movement of containers and trucks regardless of market conditions, identify solutions, alternative routing or carriers when needed
- Submission of AES (Automated Export Submission), generation of shipping notification for customer as well as tracking of all shipments
- Address and support client challenges.
- Solve difficult problems on the customers’ behalf by engaging the right departments and organizations both internally and externally.
- Collaborate with Sales Representatives to meet and exceed expectations and develop solutions to ensure smooth product movement.
- Ensure movement of containers regardless of market condition, offer solutions, alternative routing or carriers when needed.
- Maintain timely and accurate data and documentation within company database
- Preparation of all export and domestic shipping documents including but not limited to BOL's, Invoice, Weight Certificate, Certificates of Origin, Phytosanitary, Fumigation, Quality and Analysis Certificate, Non-Wood Packing Certificate, Packing List etc.
- Depending on terms, follow through with sending all original documentation to consignee or bank for collection as well as copies to notify parties and brokers
- Participate in open discussions with team members on problem solving
- Provide direction or support to less experienced customer service representatives
- Work with other supervisors/managers to coordinate production and keep them informed as issues arise
- Comply with all destination country specific requirements
- Understand and follow all GMPs, Food Safety, and General Safety rules and regulations
- Excellent written and verbal communications skills
- Project a knowledgeable, enthusiastic, positive attitude that encourages customer and employee confidence and reflects the professional image desired by company
- Provide a professional representation of the company with vendors, customers, brokers as well as government officials
- Certified Weighmaster
- Highly organized and detailed oriented
- Excellent multi-tasking and time management skills
- Education level: Associate’s Degree or 4 years related experience
- Computer skill level: Tracking, correspondence, inventory, and the like are often handled electronically, logistics coordinator should be comfortable with technology and willing to learn specific job-related software
- Exposure to loud noise or odors while on duty
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job with or without reasonable accommodations.
While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to talk or hear. The employee frequently is required to stand; walk; use hands and fingers to handle or feel; and reach with hands and arms. The employee is frequently required to sit; climb or balance; and stoop, kneel, crouch or crawl. The employee must frequently lift and/or move up to 10 pounds and occasionally lift and/or move up to 25 pounds. Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision, distance vision, color vision, peripheral vision, depth perception and ability to adjust focus.
Position Type/Expected Hours of Work:
This is a full time at will position, and work hours are typically Monday through Friday 8:00 a.m. to 5:00 p.m. Occasional evening and weekend work may be required as department needs demand.
Travel will be limited to local travel for trainings.
Must be eligible to work in the United States
This job description documents the general nature and level of work but is not intended to be a comprehensive list of all activities, duties, and responsibilities. Job incumbents may be asked to perform other duties as required.