General Contractor looking for an energetic and driven Senior Estimator to manage a department of 4. Full-time, salaried / exempt position. Candidates must be experienced in bidding commercial, industrial and multi-family projects with experience in Project Management a plus. Our client offers competitive pay with salary range depending on experience. Performance bonuses and ESOP incentives available. A relocation allowance will be negotiated as needed.
- Analyze plans, specs, construction notes, details and perform quality take-offs for use in bid proposals
- Assess cost effectiveness of products or services, tracking actual costs relative to bids as the project develops
- Review specifications and construction drawings in the development of scopes of work including identifying required scopes / trades and quantities
- Review contracts prior to bid to ensure that terms, conditions, exclusions, and qualifications included in the owner’s contract are appropriately addressed in the cost estimate
- Obtain estimates for subcontractor performed work, pricing of labor, equipment and material costs
- Coordinate, obtain, and review vendor and subcontractor quotations prior to bid
- Perform or coordinate quantity take offs, assembling direct cost estimate and analyzing alternate construction methods / resources to determine and improve cost effectiveness.
- Review design options and / or recommend best solution / alternative based on cost-effectiveness., value engineering or availability of materials
- Consult with clients, vendors, personnel in other departments to discuss and formulate estimates and resolve issues
Experience and other requirements:
- Experience reviewing and interpreting regulatory requirements and industry standards
- Work primarily on negotiated commercial projects in collaboration with architects, owner/clients and subcontractors
- Knowledge to prepare detailed line item estimates
- Strong communication skills, verbal and written (heavy phone and email as well)
- Ability to work under strict deadlines a MUST
- Ability to produce accurate estimates from conceptual and schematic drawings
- Bachelors / Associates degree(s) a plus but not required
- Strong computer skills in Microsoft Office Suite and other programs such as: Procore and Timberline
- Must have knowledge of unit cost/factors that affect cost and can prepare detailed instructions to bidders, trade specific clarifications and comprehensive bid packages
- Must have experience organizing bid process and managing others who are doing so: soliciting bids, communicating with bidders, evaluating subcontractor proposals and using bid tally sheets
- Be prepared to participate and often lead in the preparation and presentation of cost and budget information to the customer / owner.
- Must have experience leading and motivating a team.
- Ability to identify, adapt to and resolve complex issues.
- Excellent analytical and organizational skills with attention to detail