The project Superintendent oversees all construction activities, and coordinates the work of all trades. The position maintains quality control throughout the course of the project all while keeping the project on schedule. Knowledge of plans and specifications is a must. Basic computer skills are required. This position requires the ability to work with a diverse team, while achieving all goals of the construction project. The project Superintendent must be able to be trained to build and update a computerized construction schedule.
- in charge of all company employees and equipment of the project.
- responsible for the work, workmanship, and safety of company employees on the project.
- responsible for the protection and daily maintenance of company equipment.
- report any dangerous or defective equipment to the general superintendent, including any tools or vehicles.
- responsible for holding safety meetings. (weekly)
- responsible for coordinating with general superintendent for temporary power, water, phone, fencing, toilets and office etc.
- responsible for coordinating scheduling and workmanship of all prime contractors, subcontractors and suppliers on the project.
- responsible for oversight of prime contractors' and subcontractors' safety measures on the project.
- Review BID packages with project manager and advise on their scope.
- review shop drawings/submittals
- Coordinate and conduct Owner and Contractor progress meetings.
- Responsible for writing RFI's when information is needed from Owner/Architect/Engineer
- Be sure final inspections are signed off with City, County, Fire Dept, Planning Dept, Public Works, Health Dept etc.
- Ensure that USA ( Underground Service Alert) has been notified 2-days prior to any digging/excavation on the jobsite or in the street.
- Contact and coordinate with utility companies for permits, applications, service and schedule.
- Coordinate with Owner/Architect/Inspector for final job walk and punch list.
Forms to be Filled by Superintendent.
- time cards
- Daily Journals
- Daily Reports
- T & M (Time and Material) sheets, weekly on all projects.
- Safety Meeting Reports(weekly)