Our client, a family owned and operated oil and gas services company, is in need of an HES Technician. This position will report to the HES Manager.
Under the general direction and supervision of the HES Manager, this position is responsible for enforcing established policies to maintain a safe workplace. The Safety Technician must have excellent attention to detail to identify hazards and find opportunities for improving conditions. This is a safety sensitive position that is subject to pre-employment drug and alcohol testing as well as drug and alcohol testing procedures. Safety-sensitive functions are expected to be drug- free in accordance with company’s Workplace Drug and Alcohol Policy. This is a full- time, non-exempt position that typically works 40 hours per week.
- Conduct and document in person safety audits and observations daily (75% travel).
- Conduct safety training for employees in the field as necessary.
- Job site visits for observation to determine unsafe conditions and work practices.
- Attend customer safety meetings.
- Maintain inventory of person protective equipment.
- Ensure compliance with all local, state, and federal safety regulations.
- Report all findings to HES Manager.
- Assist HES Manager with incident investigations as necessary.
- Calibrate and maintain monitoring equipment as assigned.
- Works with HES Manager to communicate with customers regarding safety matters.
- Continue to stay up to date on customer compliance requirements and safety regulations.
- Must wear all required and provided Personal Protective Equipment when working on customer locations including FRCs, hard hat, safety glasses, gloves, and H2S monitor.
- Must establish and maintain effective relationships with employees and management
- Follow with new hire regarding SSE paperwork
- Remind employees regarding upcoming expirations
- Review JSAs & other submitting documents
- Review programs & SOPs for accuracy
- Must have a valid, CA driver’s license with a satisfactory driving record—be able to present a recent DMV printout if contacted for an interview.
- High school diploma or equivalent required.
- Bachelor’s degree in Health and Environmental Safety or related field preferred, but not required.
- 1-3 years of industrial safety experience required.
- Previous experience in oil field safety preferred.
- Working knowledge of OSHA, Cal-OSHA, EPA, DOT requirements.
- Effective communication skills, verbally and in writing.
- Ability to train, influence, and motivate others.
- Oil field PASSPORT certificate preferred.
- Must pass a pre-employment drug/alcohol screening.
- Must pass a pre-employment background check with a satisfactory result.
Benefits and Perks:
- Vacation Pay
- Sick Pay
- 401K Matching
- Medical (Anthem + Kaiser), Dental, and Vision Insurance options
- Life Insurance options (Disability, Accident, Critical Illness/Cancer, Medical Bridging included).
Job Type: Full-time
Pay: $25.00 - $30.00 per hour