Our client is a long-standing contractor company in the Bakersfield area with specialized skills in steel fabrication for the oil industry
The Project Estimator/Manager will gather and analyze financial data to estimate and allocate costs for a current or proposed product.
Duties and Responsibilities:
- Meets and collaborates with clients, engineers, and other staff to understand the products being developed.
- Reviews and analyzes existing and proposed processes, staff, and materials; identifies cost-reduction opportunities.
- Determines needs for additional staff, machinery, materials, and other resources.
- Estimates costs of new equipment or capital investment necessary for production.
- Drafts cost estimates for projects based on data analysis and research; distributes reports to engineers, contractors, clients, and other stakeholders.
- Prepares reports forecasting production scenarios; makes recommendations based on findings.
- Identifies the pricing structure required for products to sell at profit.
- Performs other related duties as assigned.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills.
- Extensive knowledge of cost accounting principles.
- Excellent organizational skills and attention to detail.
- Strong analytical and problem-solving skills with the ability to create forecasts based on financial data.
- Proficient with accounting software and cost software.
- Proficient with Microsoft Office Suite or related software.