Perform tasks related to supporting electronic and radio communications equipment for emergency medical services, including installation, troubleshooting, repair and maintenance. Assist with technology solutions including radio systems, telephone systems, emergency alert systems, vehicle monitoring systems, reporting systems, office and vehicular voice, data, video and remote-control systems.
ESSENTIAL JOB FUNCTIONS:
- Assesses, analyzes, provides technical, electronics and telecommunication support to the company and takes appropriate action to resolve issues.
- Instructs employees in appropriate use of company resources including base, mobile, and portable radios, telephone equipment, vehicle monitoring equipment and other technical equipment.
- Conducts analysis, trouble shooting and assisting remote posts with problems via telephone.
- Understands and supports company’s complete line of communications systems including dispatch systems, base, repeater, mobile, and portable radio systems, intercom systems, telephone systems.
- Coordinates and assists with installation of hardware, cabling, jacks, etc. and implementation of new systems.
- Although not primarily responsible for maintaining computer systems, provides assistance to the IT department with office and mobile, hardware, particularly relating to cabling or power issues with systems.
- Works in a team environment, understands business requirements, and defines technical solutions based on business requirements.
- Acts as the company’s technology representative with internal and external customers and provides day-to-day technical support to company equipment users.
- Solves unexpected problems under time constraints in order to keep company systems operating uninterrupted 24/7.
- Performs semi-annual inspections of radio equipment at all offices
- Consults and works collaboratively with internal/external customers toward achieving mutual goals. Consults with users to identify and resolve problems, needs and requirements.
- Interprets technical specifications and design processes in order to troubleshoot and repair electronic and radio circuits.
- Adheres to strict confidentiality, security and need-to-know standards.
TRAINING & EDUCATION:
- High school diploma or general education degree (GED).
- Insurable by Company driver’s insurance policy including age minimum of 20 years.
Our benefits package is designed to keep you performing at the top of your game, both at work and at home.
- Life Insurance
- Flex spending
- Long-term disability
- Paid time off,
- Company-sponsored activities, including family picnics, employee lunches, and group outings to local sporting events
- Excellent interpersonal and communication skills with an ability to work effectively with a diverse range of individuals, teams, managers, supervisors, and external customers. Excellent ability to communicate and work cohesively across Department lines.
- Must have computer competency including proficiency with Microsoft Suite and understanding of database programs.
- Legible handwriting, understanding, and ability to use electronic and radio equipment.
- Ability to consistently deliver outstanding customer service to all internal and external customers.
- Highly dependable and ability to meet internal deadlines consistently.
- Strong organization skills and attentiveness to detail.
- Flexible and adaptable, willing and able to adjust to rapidly changing priorities.
- Two years of experience in the communications technology field.
- Must have the ability to work independently as well as in groups. Ability to maintain a professional manner and appearance at all times.
- Must be able to work required irregular hours including weekends and evenings, and willing to travel as needed.
- Must have a courteous, and decisive nature in order to provide maximum customer service under stressful conditions.
- Lift objects weighing up to 50 pounds.
- Frequent lifting, handling, reaching, kneeling, twisting, and squatting.