Our client, a well-known healthcare provider in Bakersfield, is actively seeking a Database Administrator to add to their team.
The Database Administrator is responsible for the integrity of all databases that support business processes with the added responsibility of comprehensive database systems support, and a comprehensive knowledge of the data stored.
- Organized individual that demonstrates responsibility, good judgment, initiative, and resourcefulness, and is able to work under the leadership of senior team members.
- Provide database leadership to junior team members, and oversight or mentoring skills to other technical team members related to data.
- Leads technical and business discussions with internal and external business partners and management for data collection, data analysis, methodology, and documentation.
- Engage in technical discussions with individuals or groups to accumulate information to apply critical thinking skills in order to increase system performance, mitigate risk, or perform gap analysis.
- Independently able to architect or design ETL and templates that are used to collect and store the data from external sources so that data can be accessed by internal or external business and technology partners or users.
- Perform code review, develop, or modify other supported languages, in development of custom database packages and maintain code repository in Azure DevOps.
- Support and troubleshoot a single data environment such as Microsoft SQL Server, or other relational database and its supporting Windows Server, UNIX, or Linux Operating Systems (OS).
- Ensure that routine or special database software upgrades, maintenance, security audits, and patches are performed.
- Manage database server administration including but not limited to data and database backup and recovery, system performance, system monitoring, and database security.
- Work with the team to establish best practices to govern database server users, roles, or permissions.
- Provide leadership in the overall database designs and setup in support of the company and industry standards.
- Design, create, or modify database tables, indexes, constraints, links, stored procedures, and functions.
- Expert level understanding of ANSI SQL (T-SQL preferred).
- Provide direction and methodology for the data warehouse design, creation, and maintenance to include data schemas and associated ETL in conjunction with business needs.
- Establish standards for data integrity in the company data warehouse through data reconciliation techniques, data analysis, or ETL design issues.
- Mentor and proactively support the database needs of the application development teams.
- Provide design and structural recommendations for database application tuning and performance enhancements to development team.
- Actively attend webinars and conferences as they pertain for database maintenance, direction, and industry standardization.
The successful candidate will enjoy a robust benefits package
- Company paid medical premiums
- Additional health and wellness benefits
- Paid time off
- Holiday pay
- Bonus opportunities.