Our client, an international family-owned company that has been in business for more than 80 years, is seeking an experienced Credit Manager to oversee their credit department.
The Credit Manager is responsible for Worldwide credit and collections department activity. Support national and international divisions in achieving results through the use best industry practices. Protect company assets and to promote sales efforts by using the tools available. Makes independent credit decisions to extend credit customers up to $250,000.
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
This job description in no way states or implies that these are the only duties to be performed by this employee. He or she will be required to follow any other instructions and to perform any other duties requested by his or her supervisor.
- Oversee day to day operations of the credit and collection function domestic and internationally
- Review department Vital Factors and monthly
- Monitor domestic & International compliance of credit, collections, legal enforcement policy.
- Prepare daily, weekly, and monthly reporting for the executive management, this may be achieved through the use of dashboard reports, electronically accessed files or other means.
- Develop and implement all credit and collection policies, procedures and programs that are compliant and consistent with all applicable local and international laws.
- Perform routine systems checks to make sure credit is driving desired outcomes and our assumptions are correct in modeling and
- Develop and maintain within the framework of the authorities matrix Country/Region specific and job specific credit granting authority to drive results.
- Initiates problem resolution processes for credit and collection that can be used by local sales and sales management
- Travels to branch locations for training and resolution of credit and collection issues.
- Maintains current knowledge of Mechanics Lien laws, Statutory Bond Requirements, and Letters of Credit to protect Company exposure to loss of revenue and/or
- Work with Risk and Contracts on legal collection problems, agreements and
- Manage Leasing Company duties including sales, promotions, budgets, calculating yields, preparing quotations, lease credit approvals, transaction documentation, collections and repossessions.
Supervise/manage/direct the selection, training, development, appraisal and work assignments of personnel. Carries out supervisory responsibilities in accordance with the organization’s policies and applicable laws. Responsibilities include interviewing, hiring and training employees; planning, assigning, and directing work appraising performance; rewarding and disciplining employees; addressing complaints and resolving problems.
Education and/or Experience:
- Bachelor's degree (B.A.) from four-year college or university, five or more years related experience and/or training; or equivalent combination of education and experience.
- NACM or FCIB designation(s) preferred.
- Experience reviewing and analyzing commercial credit data using industry credit rating agencies and platforms (experience using Dun & Bradstreet preferred).
- Meet continuing education standards within the industry.
- Experience in the construction trade preferred.
- Experience in the rental industry preferred.
- Experience with PC based software and Windows required.
Certificates, Licenses, Registrations:
Certified Commercial Collector, International Credit Executive
What we offer:
- Advancing your career through company provided training and development
- A competitive base salary
- Nine paid holidays and paid time off program
- Tuition reimbursement
- Employees also participate in excellent benefits including: Medical, dental, vision and a matching 401k plan
Bachelors or better in Business Administration or related field.
5 years related experience and/or training