Fundamental Objectives: Under the general direction of the Corporate Controller, the Accounting Supervisor/Manager will oversee the daily functions of the general accounting group. This includes overseeing the revenue, JIB, and general ledger accounting functions.
Includes overseeing Senior and staff accountants Essential Functions of the Job:
• Supervise the day to day work of employees to ensure the functions of the general accounting group are met in adherence to deadlines, quality standards, and proper accounting procedures as established by the corporation.
• Manage month-end and year-end closing.
• Prepare, examine, and analyze accounting records, financial statements, or other financial reports to assess accuracy, completeness, and conformance to reporting and procedural standards.
• Develop, maintain, and analyze budgets, preparing periodic reports that compare budgeted costs to actual costs.
• Will participate and oversee the pulling of data for our annual audits. Working directly with the auditors to ensure we are adhering to GAAP and meeting the requirements of our credit facility.
• Will help insure accuracy of multiple companies’ books and ensure costs are being charged to the correct companies.
• Establish accounting policies and procedures that alien with management and company objectives.
• Work with and mentor accountants to further the careers of these persons for both personal and career growth.
• Monitor emerging technology to determine ways to automate the accounting process without sacrificing accuracy and accountability.
• Monitor and analyze business operations, trends, costs, revenues, financial commitments, and obligations, to project future revenues and expenses and work to develop more efficient procedures.
• Help in the recruiting, hiring, and training of new accountants as needed to complete the work of the general accounting department. Train or instruct employees in job duties or company policies.
• Perform other duties as assigned by Controller.
Minimum Qualifications: Education:
1. B.A. / B.S. degree in Accounting and Finance, Business Administration, or related field.
2. Certified Public Accountant (CPA) designation a plus.
1. Five (5) years accounting experience.
2. One (1) year supervisory experience.
3. Experience in Oil and Gas industry.
Knowledge/Skills/ Ability of:
1. Knowledge of proper grammar, punctuation, and spelling.
2. Supervise and motivate a diverse group of individuals.
3. Strong organizational and time management skills in order to meet established deadlines.
4. Must be able to communicate with of all levels of people within the organization.
5. Must have excellent communication, analytical, and problem solving skills.
6. Skilled in the use of computer software (Experience in OGSys and Quorum a plus).
7. Establish and maintain effective working relationships with those contacted in the course of work.
8. Ability to comprehend instructions as given as well as being able to work independently in the absence of the controller. Other Requirements: 1. Possession of a valid California Driver’s License, State automobile insurance, and acceptable driving record substantiated by a DMV printout. 2. Completion of a substance abuse screening upon offer of employment.
Allows Remote: No
Experience Range: 5 years to 10 years
Requires Visa: No
Overall Career Experience
Fit to the job tasks to be done
TO UPLOAD YOUR RESUME, PLEASE USE THE LINK BELOW: