Our client, a well known locally based organizaiton with locations widely across Kern County is looking to bring on a dynamic and talented Accounting Manager. This role will report directly to the Controller with high visibility within the organizaiton. Excellent benefits, casual atmosphere, and work life balance are just some of the great perks of this role. This is a direct hire opportunity.
The Accounting Supervisor position is responsible for various daily accounting operations tasks that include consolidated financial statement preparation in accordance with generally accepted accounting principles. The position will include oversight of accounts payable, fixed assets, accrued liabilities and the company's general ledger and regulatory reporting program. The Accounting Supervisor will also assist with the preparation of regulatory reports and various audits. The position will also participate in the preparation of the Annual Strategic Plan and ongoing tracking.
1. Responsible for various daily accounting operations tasks that include consolidated level monthly financial statement preparation, budget variance report preparation, and journal entry preparation.
2. Prepare the monthly consolidation workbook and work to enhance the model as directed by the CFO and Controller.
3. Preparation of subsidiary general ledgers.
4. Responsible for assisting the Controller with oversight of the accounts payable, fixed asset, and prepaid asset systems.
5. Manage the tracking of accrued liabilities and monthly adjustments for these accounts.
6. Ownership of the company's general ledger certification program.
7. Responsible for preparation of quarterly financial overview reporting.
8. Assist with preparation of the annual Budget and Strategic Plan.
9. Assist with the preparation of the annual financial statement audit and preparation of the audited consolidated financial statements.
10. Prepare and maintain accounting policies and procedural documentation as directed by the Controller.
11. Assist in the financial and regulatory reporting activities of company.
12. The incumbent is expected to have a solid level of knowledge of Generally Accepted Accounting Principles, income and payroll tax matters, and financial institution specific GAAP.
13. Maintain strong written and verbal communication to interact with operations and other departments.
14. Ensure accounting department has sound controls and procedures in compliance with all regulatory entities.
15. All other duties assigned.
1. Maintains advanced knowledge and awareness of financial industry status and trends.
2. May represent the company in various community, civic, and community reinvestment functions to further enhance the company's image and develop additional business.
3. Reinforces the application of superior customer service through his or her own example along with appropriate follow through with involved customers and employees.
4. Operates computer terminal or personal computer to obtain and process data.
5. Answers telephones, answers questions and directs callers to proper internal personnel.
6. Treats people with respect; keeps commitments; Inspires the trust of others; works ethically and with integrity; upholds organizational values; accepts responsibility for own actions.
7. Demonstrates knowledge of and adherence to EEO policy; shows respect and sensitivity for cultural differences; educates others on the value of diversity; promotes working environment free of harassment of any type; builds a diverse workforce and supports affirmative action.
8. Follows policies and procedures; completes administrative tasks correctly and on time; supports the company’s goals and values; benefits the bank through outside activities.
The position has supervisory responsibilities over the Staff Accountant, however, will not be responsible for performance tracking or goal setting for that position.
These specifications are general guidelines based on the minimum experience normally considered essential to the satisfactory performance of this position. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill and/or ability required to perform the position in a satisfactory manner. Individual abilities may result in some deviation from these guidelines.
• Proven experience as Accounting Supervisor or similar position
• Solid knowledge of Generally Accepted Accounting Principles (GAAP)
• Excellent knowledge of accounting and financial processes (budgeting, financial closure, reporting etc.)
• Understanding of data analysis and forecasting
• Excellent knowledge of Microsoft Excel and Word
• Well-organized with ability to prioritize
• Very good communication and interpersonal skills
• Attention to detail and problem-solving ability
• B.S. in Business Administration with emphasis in accounting
• Professional certification (e.g. CPA) is a plus, but not required.