The Accounts Payable Coordinator reports to Senior Accountant include, the responsibilities include but are not limited to the following:
- ·Proper and accurate posting of all accounts payable invoices.
- ·Preparation of checks to pay the invoices.
- ·Responsible for coding the invoices to the correct General Ledger account.
- ·Ensure the accuracy of the invoices by extending and calculating line items.
- ·Ensure timely payment of all invoices to take advantage of discounts.
- ·The mailing of all accounts payable checks.
The principle duties of the Accounts Payable Coordinator include, but are not limited to the following:
- ·Ensure the timely payment of all invoices to avoid late payment penalties.
- ·Timely posting of all payables to the correct ledger.
- ·Resolve all inquiries concerning the accounts payable.
- ·Preparation of all payable reports on a daily, weekly or monthly basis.
- ·Scanning of checks and paid invoices.
- ·Filing of check copies with the paid invoices.
- ·Matching of invoices with receivers to verify receipt of material or supplies.
- ·Set up new vendors in the Accounts Payable database.
- ·Preparation of the Accounts Payable aging report.
- ·Preparation of the weekly Accounts Payable cash requirements.
- ·Perform any other duties as directed by the Senior Accountant
MEASUREMENT OF PERFORMANCE
- ·All required reports have been prepared both accurately and timely.
- ·Invoices are paid timely to avoid late payment fees or penalties.
- ·Invoices are paid timely to take advantage of vendor discounts.
- ·All inquiries concerning the Accounts Payable have been satisfactorily resolved.
- ·The accounts payable vendor information is up to date and accurate.
- ·All other duties as directed by the Senior Accountant have been timely done.
Education - Required: High School Diploma or equivalent.
Preferred: Associates Degree in Accounting or equivalent training. Computer training desirable.
Experience - Three to five years experience in a mid to large sized business with payables responsibility. Must be computer literate and be familiar with the basic office software
Skill, Knowledge and Abilities - Analytical and mathematical skills as related to business practices and procedures in general use. Ability to provide accurate Accounts Payable reports and aging in a timely manner. The ability to read, speak and write in "Business English".