RESPONSIBILITIES / PRINCIPLE DUTIES
The basic function of the Invoicing Lead is to ensure the proper and timely entry of all material, services, and other sales transactions based on the current customer requirements as described in individual contracts, quotes, and/or current company guidelines for price, terms, and conditions.
The responsibilities of the Invoicing Lead may include, but are not limited to the following:
- Ensures all customer sales transactions are processed and printed including all “pass-thru”, storage, wellhead inspection, and blanket orders, on a daily, monthly, or bi-monthly basis.
- Ensures all inter-company sales transactions are processed on a daily, monthly, or bi-monthly basis.
- Assure that correct pricing and terms for each individual customer and/or situation are on the invoice.
- Calculate charges for non-inventory services, i.e. handling, inbound handling, and repair charges.
- Determine sales price for “cost-plus” customers.
- Match “pass-thru” invoices to corresponding sales orders.
- Call outside service providers for tallies, etc. to expedite invoice processing.
- Ensure that all invoices are verified, approve accuracy of all invoices including ship date, footage, joint count, price, cost, extension, discount, tax, and total due.
- Print and review shipping report for gross profit errors from the Solomon system.
- Print and review the Sales Journal. Provide solutions to resolve any errors found in review.
- Match P.O.’s to invoices and verify accuracy of P.O. charges.
- Break down invoices after SAP entry and returned from accounting.
- Participate in scheduled physical inventories.
- Sign off, date, and code, freight bills.
- Maintain End of Month (EOM) checklist. Notify Accounting Supervisor when completed.
- Reconcile sales with accounting for EOM closing.
- Process all well returns, return-for-credit inbounds, and credit memos.
- Reception relief as scheduled.
- Filing and scanning as needed.
- Provide training to subordinates on their job duties and provide solutions to resolve daily problems.
- Generate all weekly and monthly reports indicating status of past due accounts receivable.
- Perform any other duties as directed by the Accounting Supervisor.
MEASUREMENTS OF PERFORMANCE
- Process invoices for all companies adhering to the company goal of “3 Day Ship to Invoice”.
- Actively participate in all inner-department meetings, provide feedback on current issues and suggestions for process improvements.
- Participate in training as opportunity arises to increase job and product knowledge.
- Adhere to monthly closing schedule with a goal of closing by the 7th business day.
- Maintain an open and positive work environment that encourages communication and team with all internal and external customers.
- All other duties as directed by the Accounting Supervisor have been done timely and accurately.
Required: High School Diploma or equivalent.
Preferred: Associates Degree in Accounting or equivalent training. Must be
Two plus years of experience working directly with invoicing or equivalent training.
Skill, Knowledge and Abilities
Analytical and mathematical skills as related to business practices and procedures in general use. Strong organizational and time management skills to handle multiple priorities and work efficiently to meet deadlines. Detail oriented, accurate and thorough. An ability to provide accurate reports and accurately process invoice information. An ability to communicate with others within the company in English and work well in a team-oriented environment across departments.