The Senior Accountant position is responsible for assistance in the various daily accounting operations tasks that include consolidated financial statement preparation of a bank holding company with both financial institution and non-financial entities. The position will include oversight of accounts payable, fixed assets, accrued liabilities and the general ledger and certification program. The Senior Accountant will also assist with the preparation of regulatory reports and various audits. The position will also participate in the preparation of the Annual Strategic Plan and ongoing tracking of budget to actual results.
- Responsible for assistance in the various daily accounting operations tasks that include consolidated level monthly financial statement preparation, budget variance report preparation, and journal entry preparation.
- Prepare the monthly consolidation workbook and work to enhance the model as directed by the CFO and Controller.
- Preparation of subsidiary general ledgers.
- Prepare tables to support the quarterly Earnings Press Release.
- Responsible for assisting the Controller with oversight of the accounts payable, fixed asset, and prepaid asset systems.
- Manage the tracking of accrued liabilities and monthly adjustments for these accounts.
- Ownership of the general ledger certification program.
- Assist with preparation of the quarterly report.
- Assist with preparation of the annual Budget and Strategic Plan.
- Assist with the preparation of the annual financial statement audit and preparation of the audited consolidated financial statements.
- Prepare and maintain accounting policies and procedural documentation as directed by the Controller.
- Serve as a backup role for the accounts payable and payroll processing functions and is expected to perform these functions at least quarterly to maintain current knowledge of these processes.
- The incumbent is expected to have an entry to moderate level of knowledge of Generally Accepted Accounting Principles, income and payroll tax matters, and financial institution specific GAAP.
Experience and Skills
- BA in Accounting/Finance
- 5+ years’ experience in general or tax accounting
- Experience with computerized ledger systems
- Advanced knowledge of Excel
- Strong problem solving and analytical skills Ability to function well in a team-oriented environment
PLEASE APPLY AND UPLOAD RESUME WITH LINK: https://loxo.co/job/193551