Our client, a well-known independent oil and gas production company located in Bakersfield, CA is actively seeking a talented Staff Accountant. This is a direct hire opportunity with benefits starting immediately. This organization is very stable, well positioned and continuing to grow despite the industry challenges. If you are interested in joining a company that has room for advancement and offers long term stability, please apply directly below.
Under the general direction of a Senior Accountant, the Staff Accountant is responsible for preparing assigned accounting transactions, analyzing financial information and preparing financial reports to determine or maintain the proper recording and reporting of assets, liabilities, profit and loss.
Essential Job Functions
- Prepare general ledger account reconciliations and analysis and prepare adjusting vouchers, as needed
- Prepare standard monthly accounting entries including payroll, amortizations, accruals and allocation
- Facilitate and complete month-end accounting close procedures
- Prepare supporting schedules for periodic financial statements to ensure they are recorded appropriately
- Assist in the preparation and filing of excise tax returns
- Account for the production, disposition, and sales of crude oil and natural gas products
- Determine product value and production taxes
- Assist in the preparation of financial reports
- Perform other related duties as assigned by Senior Accountant
- B.S. / B.A. degree in Accounting, Finance, or related field. Additional experience may be substituted for education on a year for year basis.
- CPA candidate or certification is a plus.
- Experience in Oil and Gas Industries preferred
Skills/ Knowledge/ Ability of:
- Strong knowledge of basic and intermediate accounting principles
- Detail oriented and strong organizational and time management skills in order to meet established deadlines
- Strong analytical and problem solving skills
- Skilled in the use of computer software and systems including Microsoft Office (especially Excel) and accounting systems
- Ability to operate adding machine/calculator and other standard business machines
- Good written and verbal communication skills
- Ability to comprehend instructions as given by the supervisor as well as the ability to work independently
- Team player who can establish and maintain effective working relationships with those contacted in the course of work
- Possession of a valid California Driver’s License, State automobile insurance, and acceptable driving record substantiated by a DMV printout
- Completion of a substance abuse screening upon offer of employment
TO APPLY, PLEASE USE THE LINK BELOW: