This position is located in Bakersfield, California.
Description: The Agronomist provides the necessary technical expertise (fertilizer, pest management, irrigation, etc.) to assist Field Foremen and Production Managers in producing high yielding, high quality crops, maximizing the unit cost of production. The Agronomist reports to the Agronomy Manager and helps train the farm Foremen regarding agronomic issues that affect production. A large part of this position is identifying problems, creating solutions, and then assisting with the implementation. It includes everything from walking the fields to working with vendors. Some of the major duties include:
• Responsible for your own safety as well as others on the farm. Also responsible for Food Safety.
• Ensure overall health of trees is maintained at a level optimizing long term productivity
• Ensure crop is irrigated correctly
• Achieve operational targets in area of stewardship
• Provide training to foremen, crew leads and field scouts
• Assist Manager with implementation of Orchard Development
• Formulate ideas for improving cropping practices
• B.S. in Ag Science or related experience
• Pesticide Applicator License
• Pest Control Advisor License – CA PCA
• Certified Crop Advisor License – CCA
• Understanding of crop requirements (water, fertilizer, etc.) production practices
(spraying, mowing, etc.) and pests (weeds, diseases, etc.)
• Understanding of equipment (tractors, sprayers, mowers, etc.) utilized in crop
production—safety, operation, & maintenance
• Ability to work as part of a team to maximize efficient utilization of key
resources—people, equipment, etc.
• Ability to effectively communicate with subordinates, peers and supervisors –
• Proactive attitude with attention to detail and power of observation
TO APPLY, PLEASE USE THE LINK BELOW TO UPLOAD YOUR RESUME: