The Superintendent coordinates activities and supervises the construction of all earthwork, roadwork, or other performed. Works and coordinates field crews through directives given to foremen, as well as plan, and schedule all requirements to control labor, equipment and material costs. This individual will be responsible for the timely completion of assigned operations and stay within budget. The ideal candidate should be flexible with working hours.
- Coordinates construction activities
- Directs subcontractor field personnel to achieve completion of the project on schedule, within budget, with quality workmanship that conforms to original plans and specifications in coordination with the Associate Project Manager
- Superintendent will collaborate with the Management team developing the schedule and the scope of work for each subcontractor.
- Maintains construction schedule, identifies and solves problems
- Orders materials and schedules inspections as necessary throughout the process
- Responsible for the Quality Control Inspections in his /her area and cooperate with the Quality Department with Quality Assurance Inspections
- Ensures that ALL resources assigned are maintained, protected, secured and used at optimum efficiency
- Promotes job site safety, encourages safe work practices, and rectifies job site hazards immediately
- Ensures all company employees and contractors are adhering to the company safety policy
- Maintains an organized job site
- Responsible of daily activities reports and tracking materials
- High School Diploma required
- Associates Degree in Construction Technology preferred
- B.S. in Civil Engineering a plus
- Strong organizational skills
- Familiar with DOT standards
- Able to analyze problems and make sound decisions in a timely manner based on objectives, risks, implications, and costs
- Tactful demeanor with well - developed interpersonal skills including the ability to work with diverse personalities
- Minimum of seven (7) years of experience in highway maintenance or construction work, including at least three years in a supervisory capacity.
- Proficient with, Microsoft Office (Word, Excel, PowerPoint, Access, Outlook), familiar with estimating and design software programs
- Criminal background and driving record checks required prior to employment.
TO APPLY TO THIS POSITION, PLEASE USE THE LINK BELOW TO UPLOAD YOUR RESUME: