The Full Charge Bookkeeper is a full-time, high volume, fast paced job that requires a high level of organization, confidentiality and integrity. Our client is a premier Kern County employer looking to add a dynamic employee to their team. This individual will function as the right hand to the owners, have high visibility within the company, and be trusted within the organization. High integrity, honestly and loyalty is extremely important to this discerning employer.
Essential Job Duties
Billing and Accounts Receivable
- ·Process Daily deposits, carefully applying payments to Clients
- ·Set Up New Clients in system and automatic billing
- ·Process Settlement Distributions, verifying all items for accuracy.
- ·Process and Enter Credit Card Transactions
- ·Process Monthly Billing Invoices for Clients including importing costs, compiling, distributing and correcting billing reports, and finalizing and generating and distributing client bills.
- ·Process and mail monthly billing statements to clients.
- ·Obtain invoice approvals as needed prior to entry in accounting system
- ·Enter invoices and check requests in accounting system carefully recording Vendor, Invoice Details, Client, Matter and General Ledger Codes
- ·Distribute, collect back and process monthly credit card batch
- ·Follow-through to completion of daily, weekly and monthly check batches including printing checks, obtaining signatures, envelope stuffing and mailing, scanning of invoices and checks, etc.
- ·Work collaboratively with employees, partners and vendors to accomplish the goals of the company
- ·Other duties as assigned
General Accounting Duties:
- ·Reconcile Bank statements and credit card statements monthly
- ·Process journal entries for various general ledger transactions
- ·Prepare and process month end close
- ·Submit monthly P&L statements to ownership for review and approval
- ·Make owners aware of any accounting discrepancies and take action according to direction
- ·Routinely conduct internal audits to ensure accuracy in accounting
- ·Complete weekly payroll and process quarterly payroll taxes
- ·Prepare annual reports for CPA, work closely with CPA for tax reporting
Human Resources Duties:
- ·Assist with onboarding and new hire paperwork for all employees
- ·Maintain accurate employee records and files at all times
- ·Ensure proper I9 verification
- ·Assist employees with questions regarding benefits enrollment and various medical coverage
- ·Process wage withholding orders
- ·Assist with investigations, disciplinary actions, and terminations as necessary
Required skills and experience
- ·High School diploma, Associates Degree or higher preferred
- ·A professional attitude that embodies integrity, accuracy and confidentiality
- ·Willingness to see tasks and projects through to completion
- ·1-3 years with Microsoft Office Outlook, Excel and Word (intermediate level)
- ·1-3 years full-cycle AR & AP experience
Preferred skills and experience
- ·3+ years full-cycle Bookkeeping experience