Under the general direction of the Vice President, the Sr. Petroleum Engineer is responsible for maximizing production while maximizing profitability of oil and gas properties through assessing the associated costs and estimating the production capabilities and economic value of oil and gas wells while helping to plan for future development opportunities.
Essential Functions of the Job:
- Assess costs and estimate the production capabilities and economic value of oil and gas wells, in order to evaluate the economic viability of potential drilling sites.
- Liaising with geologists in interpreting well logs in order to assess the amount and quality of oil, the depth at which resources lie, and the equipment needed to properly extract them.
- Direct and monitor the completion and evaluation of wells, well testing, and well surveys.
- Coordinate pump system selection, design, and testing.
- Production Surveillance.
- Monitor production trends and design stimulation programs in order to maximize the oil recovery.
- Plan work over to increase the production trend.
- Provide technical support to operations.
- Write technical reports for engineering and management personnel.
- Assist in and supervise production forecasts and economic analysis.
- Assist in project development and reserves assessment
- Analyze the economics and risk assessments of major development programs
- Evaluate business opportunities for oil and gas exploration, appraisal, and development using input from multi-disciplinary team to formulate and support investment decisions and optimize project performance
- Create and enhance reservoir models that stimulate fluid flow, phase behavior, and reservoir physical properties and perform simulation if necessary.
- Analyze pressure transients
- Performs other related duties as assigned by the Division Vice President.
- B.S. degree with a major in Petroleum Engineering or related field from an accredited college or university.
- PE Licensure from the State of California
- At least ten (10) years experience as an Operations/Production Engineer.
- At least 5 years of Reservoir or field development engineering.
- Experience in waterflood recovery is required
- Experience in thermal recovery in oil and gas industries preferred.
TO APPLY, PLEASE USE THE LINK BELOW TO UPLOAD YOUR RESUME: