Under the general supervision of the Director of Information Technology, the Database Administrator, LVII is responsible for maintaining, optimizing, and integrating core databases. It requires proficiency in database design and administration, and business process analysis.
- Maintains, administers, and optimizes core information systems utilizing MS SQL Servers for OGSYS, Seven Lakes Field Data, AFE Workflow, Analytics/Dashboard, OFM, Well Shadow, and GeoGraphix Databases
- Maintains, administers, and optimizes Warehouse Database.
- Designs, develops, and maintains application interfaces to integrate data between core information systems.
- Works closely with IT, Engineering, Geology, Operations, and Accounting Researches, develops, and implements enterprise information systems, network systems and enhancements.
- Identifies opportunities to streamline business processes through the application of information technologies.
- Documents all activity in the IT document library.
- Manages projects as directed by the IT Director.
- Provides a written update report of all projects and system statuses weekly to the IT Director.
Performs other related duties as assigned by the IT Manager
Education & Experience:
- A minimum of four years college education and a BA or BS degree in Information Technology or Computer Science and 5 years work experience in database systems with a preference on SQL.
- Strong understanding with database design and administration in an MS SQL environment
- Familiarity with accounting and financial systems
- Strong understanding with BI, OLAP, dashboards, and reporting portals
- Strong analytical and business process knowledge
- Strong verbal, written, communication and customer service skills
- Ability to multitask and prioritize work
- Ability to work well with other departments to identify and develop business goals
- Strong ethical business practices
- Willingness to work nights and or weekends for scheduled projects on an as needed basis