Looking for a highly motivated individual looking to work with one of the leading supply companies in the Berry Industry that offers an excellent compensation and benefits package. The individual will solicit orders and contracts from establishments and other end users for various Berry products concentrated in the Oxnard, Watsonville areas as well as other areas located in California, the United States, Canada, and Mexico with a high concentration of Berries. Travel is required. Headquarters is located in Bakersfield, CA
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Compiles lists of prospective customers for use as sales leads, based on information from newspapers, business directories, industry ads, trade shows, Internet Web sites and other sources.
- Drives to solicit regular and prospective customers and communicate by telephone with customers to solicit orders.
- Collaborates with the Team on preparing responses to bids and contract negotiations involving customers.
- Cold calling to develop additional customer base in assigned territory.
- Develops and maintains relationships with decision makers within customer business.
- Prepares reports of business transactions and keeps expense accounts.
- Forecast sales and gross profit.
- Attends sales meetings and training classes as required.
- Develop and maintain a positive working relationship with internal customers/employees.
- Will be required to support customer needs in person, at Tradeshows, by telephone or other electronic communications methods or other designated sites regularly.
- Performs other duties as assigned.
EDUCATION AND/OR EXPERIENCE:
Must have a Bachelor’s degree in Business, Communication, Ag Business or a Related field which would provide the knowledge, skills, and abilities to perform the essential functions of the position and at least one (1) year proven success in the Berry Industry OR 5+ years’ experience in the Berry Industry
SKILLS AND ABILITIES:
Ability to effectively present information in one-on-one and small group situations to customers, clients, and other employees of the organization utilizing excellent verbal, written, and customer service skills. Must have excellent mathematical skills and strong computer skills. Working knowledge in SAP or similar Enterprise/Sales software. Bilingual in English and Spanish is a plus but not required.
CERTIFICATES LICENSES, REGISTRATIONS:
Must have and maintain a valid Class C drivers’ license with acceptable driving record and personal car insurance as determined by the company’s liability insurance.