The Customer Service Representative (CSR) is a key member of a front office team and works directly with customers, sales, and shipping & receiving. The CSR should be a self-starter and able to multi-task because a typical day regularly includes answering phones, greeting scheduled and unscheduled customer drivers at the counter, e-mails, order data input and complete and accurate documentation.
Duties & Responsibilities:
- Check-in drivers’ arrival to pick up or deliver products, visitors, and third-party vendors.
- Accept and process weekly customer product orders.
- Input delivery ticket(s) order information into the Sage 100 system.
- Answer incoming telephone calls, greet people at the counter, and promptly return customer e-mail inquiries.
- Match and reconcile completed customer tickets with the phone orders.
- Printing shipping labels for deliveries and warehouse personnel when needed.
- Process outgoing mail, affix postage, and take to mail box. Check mailbox, sort, and deliver to appropriate person.
- Prepare complete and accurate delivery documentation and verify all driver work orders align with the driver delivery documents. Input driver delivery tickets into the system.
- Communicate with drivers to log driver time into the driver checkpoint log.
- Notify or update customers about delivery changes or discrepancies.
- Accurately enter all purchase orders (PO) into Product Tracking Log (PTL) and file.
- Send and follow up with credit application references to be forwarded to the CFO for approval.
- Complete and verify all Proof of Delivery document information for direct shipments.
- Verify weekly all customer orders have been shipped or delivered as specified.
- Generate new delivery tickets.
- Complete all required regulatory documents and customer and product information
- Complete and return of bleach and DEA forms to customers; upon receipt of completed forms, input the data information into the system.
- Scan and upload, safety data sheets, the C of A, and Re-sale forms into the system.
- File and update Liability Insurance Certificates in Binder.
- Other duties as needed.
- Knowledge of basic warehouse and transportation systems, shipping/receiving forms, and inventory workflow, office procedures and terminology.
- Ability to use or learn Sage 100 accounting software, Microsoft Windows, and Office 365 Exchange.
- Can make critical decisions using inductive and deductive logic and reasoning to identify the strengths and weaknesses of alternative solutions, conclusions or approaches to problems.
- Strong time management skills to meet deadlines balanced with a strong attention to detail and quality.
- Proper telephone etiquette and ability to operate telephone equipment for communication purposes.
- Ability to use a computer and applicable software for data entry and to generate office correspondence including e-mail.
- Ability to actively listen, explain, and understand, customer service and customer information to the appropriate internal and external stakeholders.
Essential Physical Requirements:
- Work indoors inside an office with a controlled climate and frequently in an office near other administrative and customer service employees.
- Sit to operate the computer, write, use a telephone, and complete detailed paper work transactions.
- Stand to operate office equipment and interact with employees.
- Reach to access items on shelves or to use office equipment.
- Walk to deliver materials within the office building or to access equipment.
- Bend to flex upper-trunk forward (knees extended; standing, knees flexed; sitting).
- Turn to rotate upper trunk to right of left from neutral sitting or standing.
- Twist to rotate entire body to a change in direction.
- Work under general office noise with telephones ringing, people talking, printers operating, copiers/other office equipment running.