Job Title: Rail Logistics Coordinator
Under the direction of the Director of Protein Merchandising, the primary responsibility of the role will be to serve as the central point of contact within the Commercial Feed division for all rail logistics management, working to optimize rail throughput and minimize demurrage.
- Manage the inbound and outbound flow of commodity cars and unit trains out of key WM facilities to provide a central voice for communication to the railroad.
- Manage the inbound logistical flow of bulk materials, truck and rail, in to all SJV facilities to maximize productivity and minimize demurrage.
- Improve the predictability of rail service in to sites, anticipate problems and get ahead of them before they occur.
- Efficiently coordinate rail shipments to minimize demurrage and more specifically utilize rail and barn space.
- Work with operations to conduct cycle counts and monthly inventory and assist with monthly inventory reconciliation.
- Establish checklists, systems, processes and procedures to improve rail logistics.
- Sourcing rail freight as needed.
- Handle and own dispute resolution process with suppliers.
- Other duties as assigned.
- A high school diploma is required.
- A Bachelor’s degree in logistics, supply chain management or other related field is preferred.
- Five (5+) years related experience in a process manufacturing environment; increasing levels of responsibility preferred.
- Previous experience in a mill manufacturing environment preferred.
TO APPLY, PLEASE UPLOAD YOUR RESUME USING THE LINK BELOW: