Job Summary: Under direction and supervision of the General Manager, the Health, Safety, Environmental (HSE) Supervisor will:
- Facilitate, execute, maintain and update Health, Safety and Environmental procedures for an oil well service company in Kern County, California.
- Field visits
- Evaluate data, observe trends and work with Ownership and Management to mitigate hazards.
- Work closely with Ownership and Management to implement, communicate and track Health, Safety and Environmental procedures.
- Work closely with Ownership and Management to develop long term plans and strategies.
- Work closely with Operations to monitor and address Health, Safety and/or Environmental concerns.
- Review, update and communicate job safety plans and operating procedures
- Act as a liaison for client HSE representatives
- Plan and present safety meetings
- Adhere to and enforce all safety practices
- Have daily interactions with client representatives and field employees
- Observe and record job procedures and activities
- Provide data monitoring and present data for Ownership and Management review
- Direct risk assessments and investigations
- Ability to travel, potentially 200+ miles per day with company vehicle
The qualified candidate will receive direct training and/or supervision by Managers and Supervisors with 6 to 30+ years’ experience. The HSE Supervisor will be expected to split their time between administrative and field duties. This is a full-time position with regular, occasional overtime anticipated.
- Professional Safety Experience Required; A minimum of three years of related safety administration experience and/or training, including training, program monitoring and compliance
- Kern County Oilfield Experience Required
- Subsurface Experience Preferred
- Bachelor’s Degree (BA/BS) Required
- BA/BS with concentration in Occupational Health and Safety Preferred
- Certified Safety Professional (CSP) is Preferred
- Knowledge of Federal, state and local statutes and regulations governing drug and alcohol testing, employee safety, various state Driver License requirements and workers' compensation, with emphasis on private employee application.
- Must possess a valid driver’s license with acceptable driving record.
- Intermediate to advanced level knowledge and experience with Microsoft Office, including Word, PowerPoint and Excel.
TO APPLY, PLEASE UPLOAD YOUR RESUME USING THE LINK BELOW: