Our client is a premier Kern County employer seeking a Full Charge Bookkeeper for a full-time, high volume, fast paced organization that requires a high level of detail, confidentiality and integrity.
Essential Job Duties
Billing and Accounts Receivable
- Process daily deposits, carefully applying payments to accounts.
- Set up new clients.
- Process settlement distributions, verifying all items for accuracy.
- Process and enter credit card transactions.
- Process monthly billing invoices for clients including importing costs, compiling, distributing and correcting work-in-process reports, and finalizing and generating and distributing client bills.
- Research requests regarding billing.
- Obtain invoice approvals as needed prior to entry in accounting system.
- Enter invoices and check requests in accounting system carefully recording vendor, invoice details, client, and General Ledger Codes.
- Distribute, collect back and process monthly credit card batch.
- Follow-through to completion of daily, weekly and monthly check batches including printing checks, obtaining signatures, envelope stuffing and mailing, scanning of invoices and checks, etc.
- Work collaboratively with employees, partners and vendors to accomplish the goals of the company.
- Other duties as assigned.
General Accounting Duties
- Reconcile Bank statements and credit card statements monthly.
- Process journal entries for various general ledger transactions.
- Prepare and process month end close.
- Submit monthly P&L statements to ownership for review and approval.
- Routinely conduct internal audits to ensure accuracy in accounting.
- Complete weekly payroll and process quarterly payroll taxes.
- Prepare annual reports for CPA, work closely with CPA for tax reporting.
Human Resources Duties
- Assist with onboarding and new hire paperwork for all employees.
- Maintain accurate employee records and files at all times.
- Ensure proper I9 verification.
- Assist employees with questions regarding benefits enrollment and various medical coverage.
- Process wage withholding orders.
- Assist with investigations, disciplinary actions, and terminations as necessary.
Required skills and experience
- Associates Degree or higher preferred.
- Microsoft Office Outlook, Excel and Word (intermediate level).
- 1-3 years full-cycle bookkeeping experience.
- A professional attitude that embodies integrity, accuracy and confidentiality.
- Willingness to see tasks and projects through to completion.