Under the general direction of the IT Director, the Production Accounting Supervisor is responsible for the timely, accurate accounting and reporting of the Company’s oil and gas activities. Requires a strong knowledge of oil, gas and water production and thermal recovery allocation methodologies, as well as, federal and state regulatory reporting requirements. Individual must demonstrate a strong ability to supervise departmental activities, solve complex problems, and influence the accomplishments of team members. The ability to communicate clearly with internal and external parties and maintain a focus on continuous improvement is critical to continued success.
- • Preparing production allocations to be used by the revenue group for revenue distributions
- • Preparing production reports for engineering
- • Review and analyze production allocations for reasonableness and accuracy
- • Set up new wells with correct hierarchy for reporting purposes
- • Validates and supervises the submitting of regulatory filings related to production data
- • Building standardized production accounting processes
- • Assisting with the integration of acquisitions as it relates to production accounting
- • Maintaining production accounting systems
- • Supervising a staff of three (or more) production accountants/Specialists
- • Perform other related duties as assigned by the IT Director
- Bachelor’s degree in Accounting, Business Administration, or related field. Oil and Gas Production
- Accounting Experience with an Associates of Arts in one of the above disciplines may qualify based on time and experience.
- Minimum 10 to 15 years accounting experience in oil and gas industry is expected.
- Strong attention to detail is required with a high degree of accuracy
- Experience in Production Accounting Allocation processes for Thermal Recovery, as well as Oil and Gas production is expected.
- Regulatory Agency Production reporting for either California or Louisiana is needed.
- Ability to understand complicated allocation processes
- Ability to demonstrate strong communication and organizational skills
- Knowledge of Production Accounting systems.
- Ability to multi-task and work in a growing team environment
- Must be able to supervise staff. Strong leadership skills
- Strong analytical and problem solving skills
- Must be proficient in Microsoft Excel, Word, and Outlook
- Some Database Experience with Microsoft Access and SQL is needed.
- Good written and verbal communication skills
- Establish and maintain effective working relationships with those contacted in the course of work