Our client is a leader in the agricultural supply industry with headquarters in Bakersfield, CA and locations across the country. We are looking for a dynamic and strategic leader to join their executive leadership team in the Supply Chain Management department. The ideal candidate will be focus on improvement, strategic analysis, leadership, and improving the company's revenue through cost savings. Honesty, integrity and strong work ethic are highly valued in this organizaiton.
As a strategic sourcing leader you will be performing and coordinating centralized sourcing/purchasing activities for all of the company's agricultural irrigation components such as PVC pipe, irrigation fittings, tree and row crop products etc.
• Responsible for specific commodity’s within the purchasing team
• Responsible for developing Strategic Commodity Strategies
• Determining short term and long term strategic plan
• Determine source splits among 2 or more suppliers
• Responsible to drive down costs by negotiations, second sourcing and value engineering
• Understanding and ability to “Should Cost” products
• Responsible for Sourcing (Globally / Domestic) to lower costs, mitigate risks and increase capacity
• Ability to write RFQ/RFP’s and source new suppliers
• Ability to objectively down-select suppliers during the RFQ process
• Lead internal Supplier Management Teams with cross functional departments.
• Reviews and approves branch and department purchases orders for accuracy (correct vendor; pricing; and terms).
• Executes and administers Company purchase authorization policy and associated process.
• Researches available suppliers to determine best price, quality, cost factors, discounts, and availability and shipping methods.
• Negotiate purchasing contracts with vendors.
• Prioritizes transactions to ensure timely procurement.
• Collaborates with management to investigate new products and services of interest to the organization.
• Set Min/Max levels on resale inventory
• Execute safety stock programs for resale inventory
• Reviews department part number price updates; coordinates with Accounting to resolve any price/quantity variances verse vendor invoice activity.
• Maintains bid and bid number list to determine sources of suppliers for costly, complex materials and services. Analyzes bids and make recommendations to management.
• Provides purchasing records/documentation to Accounting as required.
• Maintains warranty documentation and coordinates return or repair of inventory.
• Reduce overstock items by utilizing JIT purchasing practices and vendor managed inventory.
• Completes special projects such as: Training branches on purchasing and inventory procedures; track department and vendor metrics; assist Department Manager solidify key vendor relationships and metrics.
• Follows all company safety rules and regulations and uses personal protective gear as required.
• 25% Travel opportunities
Requirements Required Qualifications:
•Bachelors Degree in business, engineering or any other technical field with an agricultural experience (MBA/MS preferred) or 3 or more years related experience and/or training; or equivalent combination of education and experience
•Experience in commodity buying, strategic sourcing, leverage buying, tactical purchasing, value improvement and contract management
•Lean or Six Sigma background a plus
•Knowledge and experience purchasing agricultural irrigation products
•Experience with PC based software required