• Posting of all necessary journal entries (recurring, standard and manual)
• Prepare, review and distribute company financial reports as required.
• Accumulate tax information, prepare tax returns and pay taxes as required by law and process.
• Maintain capital expenditure records, prepare monthly reports and close projects according to GAAP.
• Prepare monthly reconciliations of all asset and liability accounts. Investigate and correct discrepancies.
• Responsible for the preparation of material for the internal audits. Assist external auditors with reporting and information as required.
• Responsible for managing 2 direct reports in the accounting department.
• Cost Accounting and Analysis Functions: responsible for the cost accounting, budget preparation and cost analysis for the plant. Will work with the Regional Controller and Plant Manager.
• Production Reporting & Inventory Control: Work closely with the inventory leads to assure all production, receiving and inventory transactions are correct and properly valued.
• BBA or BA degree in Accounting required
• CPA or CPA candidate desired
• 5-8 years’ experience with all accounting functions
• Strong understanding of internal controls and demonstrated investigative and analytical skills
• 3 years’ experience in a manufacturing environment • Minimum 3 years’ experience in a supervisory capacity
• Superior project management skills and organizational skills • Excellent written and verbal communication skills
• Proficient in Microsoft Office software including Excel and Word