This position is primarily responsible for processing and monitoring payments and expenses by receiving, processing, verifying, and reconciling invoices. Working under the direction of the Accounts Payable Lead, the Accounts Payables Clerk will work closely with all levels of Management, Materials Management, and vendors on accounts payable (invoicing) issues. The Accounts Payable Clerk will assist with special projects, analyses, and the department as needed and required. This position requires organization, diligence, flexibility, and attention to detail.
- Prepares invoices for payment by obtaining approval, matching invoices with shipping documents, purchase orders and other documents required for timely, accurate payment.
- Resolves purchase order, contract, and invoice, or payment discrepancies and documentation.
- Reconciles vendor accounts on a monthly basis
- Maintains accounts payable files in an organized, thorough manner.
- Prints and mails checks after verifying their accuracy and completeness.
- Monitors discount opportunities and processes payments within required timeframe for discounts.
- Assist with financial close by reviewing expenses, preparing invoice accruals, etc.
- Prepares and files year-end 1099 Reports with state and federal agencies.
- Ability to be cross-trained on essential functions of the Accounting department.
- Opens and distributes mail on a daily basis.
- Other duties as assigned.
- Education: High School diploma required.
- Licensure/Certification: None required.
- Experience: Two years experience in accounts payable, preferably in a healthcare environment.
- Interpersonal Skills: Ability to interact and communicate in English, both orally and written, with others in a professional, collaborative manner
- Essential Technical/Motor Skills: Must be computer literate and proficient in using 10-key adding machine, printers, scanners, fax machines, postage machines and other required office equipment.
- Essential Physical Requirements: Must be able sit for prolonged periods of time, able to perform data entry functions for long periods of time.
- Essential Cognitive Abilities: Individual must be able to read, write and comprehend instructions and business problems in technical business/accounting language. Must be able to perform calculations rapidly and also possess good grammar and writing skills. Must have strong organizational and analytical/problem solving skills.
- Essential Sensory Requirements: Must have corrected hearing and vision within a normal range.
- Other: Understands the mission and vision of the hospital. Operates within the concept of patient focused care. Evolves into an effective team member. Must adhere to dress code; good grooming and personal hygiene habits; and strict adherence to attendance policies. Maintains knowledge of and conforms to hospital policies and procedures.