Our client, a Central Valley healthcare provider, is searching for a temporary employee to research and secure payment for managed care accounts within the billing department. Utilize billing, collecting, research, correspondence, and independent problem-solving skills of account errors within company standards and timeframes. Reconcile complex, multi-payment accounts as necessary.
- Perform the adjustments, refunds etc. common with billing knowledge to bring account to zero balance within established timeframes.
- Follow up on required daily accounts based on assigned practice and/or payer to reduce the AIR and maintain company Key performance indicators (KPI).
- Submit appeal letters on unpaid and underpaid claims applications.
- Prioritize work to minimize interruptions and increase efficiency in collections process.
- Prepare and submit weekly & monthly AR summary of activity report for all assigned practices/payers to department manager with detailed action plans and/or unresolved issues.
- Establish and maintain an efficient filing system for all provider groups and payor contracts.
- Perform retrospective audits of new self-pay accounts to update demographic information.
- Participate in accounts receivable collection campaigns as needed to meet department goals.
- Notify the contracted billing company of payor written refund requests. Services accounts where company has a request for patient refund. Prepares paperwork for the refund approvals.
- HIP AA compliance - Responsible for enforcing compliance with all HIP AA regulations and requirements. Treats all member information confidential.
- Compliance - Ensure compliance with all local, state, and federal regulations.
- QA/QI - Participate in QA/QI activities and contribute towards the overall performance improvement of the organization.
- IT - Required to learn and use the Electronic Health Record and Practice Electronic System and its components as required by the job functions and highlighted in the Policies and Procedures.
- All employees will participate in Patient Centered Home Health Model at company.
High school diploma or GED
Minimum of one year billing and accounts receivable experience in a physician practice environment
- Proficiency and accuracy with multiple office tools and software.
- Accurate data entry skills with the ability to input data into computer systems, compile statistics, and generate reports.
- Ability to work under pressure.
- Ability to demonstrate effective communication skills with providers and management staff.
- Ability to drat and implement collection letters.
- Proficient with excel and other Microsoft office products.
- Knowledge payor contracts.