The Area Sales Manager (ASM) will be the lead front-end salesperson responsible for representing employer products and services to customers in the Midwest region. This position will be responsible for developing, implementing, and managing current accounts as well as finding and developing new customers within the industry. This person will need to evaluate customer requirements and develop and implement sales strategies designed to satisfy those requirements while ensuring profitable growth, adding value, improving performance and ensuring optimum levels of customer satisfaction.
Work Remote Opportunity - Anywhere in the Midwest United States
U.S. Region President
- Develop and initiate sales strategies for key accounts and lead the continuous implementation of the defined regional sales strategy. Create added value for the customer and company by ensuring a coordinated sales approach.
- Ensure achievement of agreed sales targets and margins with a structured follow up and reporting/forecasting process; maintain or improve region market share.
- Establish, develop, and maintain long-term, strategic customer relationships to improve the Company's opportunities for sales and profits by:
- Proposing the most optimal solutions to meet customer needs
- Managing product life cycle to ensure customer satisfaction.
- Monitoring the customer’s business performance and development.
- Listening to unaddressed customer needs.
- Acting as the focal point for problem resolution.
- Responding quickly to new order opportunities.
- Coordinate communications among customers and various company product to ensure accurate, consistent, and relevant information.
- Communicate to the business such information as forecasts of customer needs, and recommendations for value-added offerings.
- Identify and prioritize opportunities.
- Monitor competitors’ activity with each account and ensure that appropriate response strategies are formulated and implemented.
- Communicate the need for and coordinate the use of internal or external resources to increase market awareness and influence customers at all levels.
- Sell best value solutions at the right price based on a consultative selling approach to achieve the best possible customer value and positioning relative to competition in the assigned areas.
- Ensure optimal logistics in delivery planning.
- Monitor delivery, invoicing, and final payment.
- Contribute to development of solution roadmap by providing continuous market feedback from customer to company.
- Realizing optimal after sales opportunities of parts, service, and performance improvements together with Service Business Directors.
Background and preferred qualifications:
- Minimum of 3 years of experience in sales, account management, business development, or customer service.
- Experience B2B selling in high-speed food manufacturing industry.
- Knowledge of integrated automation systems and capital equipment experience.
- Excellent and proven sales skills.
- Experience working with customers and building relationships at all levels.
- Overnight travel domestically ~75%.
- Travel Internationally 2-3 times per year.
- Candidates must have a work authorization that would permit them to work in the U.S.